At its core, the SCFD mission is to support designers and makers in the south. Our team members are curated as carefully as our community of artists and designers.
We're constantly on the look out for talented and unique individuals. Check our job postings frequently to see if there is an opportunity for you!
Click here to sign up for volunteering. If you'd like to have a more involved position, see below.
With SCFD, you will gain real life experience from the inside and networking opportunities through projects, events and one-on-one client engagement. You'll leave the experience with a portfolio of polished work as well as a letter of recommendation. the listings below are unpaid and available for school credit.
INTERNS, on-going and seasonal positions
The Editorial Intern is responsible for delivering content for our blog: Southern Coalition of Fashion & Design through creative, strategic and entrepreneurial thinking.
Job Overview: This is a writing job. You'll create weekly content for SCFD. You'll pitch story ideas weekly and recruit digital influencers for interviews to be published. You'll write 300-500 word stories and listicles on a wide range of topics (travel, fashion, home decor, DIY, beauty, entertaining, wellness, music) catering to a reader interested in the indie fashion and design scene. Graphic Design experience is a plus.
Weekly responsibility checklist:
- Researching & developing editorial content, including assistance during interviews or event coverage
- Concepting & writing weekly website postings
- Assisting the brand principal in managing the website and scheduling posts through SquareSpace web platform
- Scheduling MailChimp newsletters, maintaining contact lists, event calendars & editorial spreadsheets
The role reports directly to the Brand Principal at Andi Eaton Creatives (parent company to SCFD).
The digital group at Andi Eaton Creatives has a mission to inspire fashionistas, travelers, creatives and independent artists through the written word and powerful visuals.
Our readers are the Creative Class: They're aspiring and established Artists, Fashion Designers, Chefs, Writers, Consultants and Entrepreneurs.
We value a strong design sensibility and aesthetic. Must be organized with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
This internship is unpaid, however could lead to a paid writing position in future. You'll leave the experience with a portfolio of polished work as well as a letter of recommendation.
- To apply, send resume and samples of a social media post to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out this quick questionnaire.
ENCLOSE THESE DETAILS WITHIN COVER LETTER:
- 3 story ideas
- Intro paragraph for each
- 3 interview candidate ideas
- This person will identify new potential corporate partners and develop comprehensive strategies based on research and evaluation. They will work collaboratively with the founder and operations director to create and implement sponsorship objectives including the corporate partnership plan and manage execution and fulfillment of sponsorship agreements. This is a perfect fit for a business management major.
- Must live in New Orleans or Nashville and have strong negotiation and clear communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to thrive and work effectively as part of a small team in a fast-paced and rapidly growing program, in addition to remaining self-motivated and goal-oriented. Strong attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem-solve, and multi-task. Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Significant prospect research experience as well as the ability to build rapport with donors, volunteers, and the public with diplomacy, discretion, and customer-service orientation.
- To apply, send a resume and samples of a proposal to email@example.com and fill out this quick questionnaire.
Graphic Design Assistant
- Assisting our Communications Director, you will create materials for both on and offline promotions, interpreting our brand strategy and mission in terms of line, color and typography. SCFD values our interns for their strong design sensibility and promotes their professional development during the term. You will create graphics and design layouts for print ads, flyers, email newsletters, the SCFD homepage, blog and social media accounts.
- Must have prior experience creating graphics and have a solid grasp of design concepts. Must be comfortable working in Adobe Creative Suite. Must have enthusiasm for the design process and attentiveness to different project goals. Must be organized with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- A graphic design internship at SCFD primes you for future in-house work at other companies or with advertising agencies. You'll benefit from the networking and educational opportunities provided and leave the experience with a portfolio of polished work as well as a letter of recommendation.
To apply, send resume and a portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out this quick questionnaire.